Where is the Probate Court for Alameda?
The Probate Court for Alameda is the Alameda County Probate Court, Berkeley Courthouse located at 2120 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way, Berkeley, California 94704. The Alameda County Probate Court hears Probate cases for all cities in Alameda County, including Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Dublin, Emeryville, Fremont, Hayward, Livermore, Newark, Oakland, Piedmont, Pleasanton, San Leandro, and Union City, as well as for the unincorporated communities of Ashland, Castro Valley, Cherryland, Fairview, San Lorenzo, and Sunol.
- The appointment of personal representatives including guardianships for children and conservatorships for incapacitated adults;
- The distribution and handling of estates of people who have died;
- Petitions regarding trust administration;
- Review and accounting of guardians and conservators;
- Disputes about wills, trusts, and powers of attorney; and
- Other matters that may arise under the Probate code.
Probate cases can be complicated. You may want to speak with an experienced probate lawyer. A lawyer can help you better understand the risks and responsibilities of your case.